When You Unexpectedly Need Us, We Are Here to Help!
During office hours, the staff at All Creatures Great and Small has the training, resources and experience to treat a wide range of emergency medical conditions. You’ll find our veterinarians and staff to be skilled and compassionate as they tend to your pet’s health and keep you comfortable in a stressful situation.
Reasons to call us or have your pet visit us immediately:
- Difficulty breathing
- Uncontrolled or excessive bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Excessive vomiting or diarrhea
- Appearance of broken bone
- Object stuck in throat
- Ingestion of toxic substance such as antifreeze, rat poison, pesticides, household cleansers or medication that wasn’t prescribed for the pet
- Difficulty urinating or defecating
- Sudden collapse or inability to stand up
- Injury to eyes and/or sudden blindness
- High or Low temperatures (more than 104 or less than 100)
- Tender, swollen abdomen—accompanied by gagging and attempts to vomit
We can be reached at 973-227-2289 if your pet is experiencing any of the above symptoms.
After Hours Emergencies:
Pet emergencies can happen anytime and anywhere. If you have a veterinary emergency that occurs when our hospital is closed, please contact or bring your pet to:
Animal Emergency & Referral Associates- AERA
1237 Bloomfield Avenue
Fairfield, NJ 07004